[CLUE-Tech] Question about accepting online payments

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Mon Aug 9 22:39:53 MDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 09:52:07PM -0600, Gary Threlkeld wrote:

> I have a client that is a Homeowners Association with their own website
> running PHPNuke CMS with MySQL.  The HOA would like to offer residents the
> option of paying their quarterly homeowners dues online.  I don't think
> they're talking about charging to credit cards but rather having residents
> authorize the HOA to draft from resident bank accounts.

Or another possibility might be online check acceptance. For whatever
reason it's not a very popular method, but it seems to work well; anyone
with a checking account can use it, and the transaction fees are lower
than for credit cards.

I know of one company that can help with online checks:

  http://www.worksmartpros.com/

I attended a presentation by the owner of the company a couple years
ago, and got her newsletter for a while. I've never actually done
business with her, but she seemed all right.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)