[CLUE-Tech] poor man's kvm

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Thu Aug 19 12:58:24 MDT 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 02:39 pm, Chris Schock wrote:
> I simply fire up screen, open a few sessions underneath it, and open a
> connection to whatever boxes I want in those sessions. Then if I need to
> connect to it later or from another workstation, I just reattach the
> screen and voila, all my connections are there.
>
> The ability to detach/reattach a screen session is the best part.

I have a vague recollection of reading about that some time back...

So you're only running it locally,  then,  and not on the other boxes.  I
guess that makes some sense.

Right now my one console on this box is ssh-connected to my firewall/router
and commands mostly consist of "on &" and "off",  and since the former drops
me back to a command prompt I can fire up mc or whatever on that box if I
need to for some reason.

Still playing with the various options when it comes to networking here...