[CLUE-Tech] Software Audit

mike havlicek mhavlicek1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 01:11:28 MDT 2004

Hi All,

Many relevent points have been brought out on this
thread. I was off somewhere else .. hehe.

For whatever it is worth I think all suggestions were
good. ( Well most :)

The point I was getting at was supporting existing
RedHat systems or other rpm based systems.

As we all know RH9 was the last "free" release of red
hat. The EOL I think was around june. The distro is
"supported" thru an unditermined amounted time with
fedora legacy depending upon interest. ( Not
monetary:)

I by no means am a Red Hat advocate . So please don't
cut on me for that ... I prefer to build my own
systems in the spirit of old pc hobby folks.

The fact is that RedHat is here. But I don't like
talking with IT friends across the country who can't
deal with the changes and are reverting to windows.
Just because being a sysadmin is too hard.

I mentioned software audit.....

read all that you find from from rpm -qa >
yourpacks.txt

then do rpm -qil on each of them ...

Then nuke em ... as needed ... maybe none! but know
what you are running.

-Mike

That is what I was talking about