[clue-tech] Slackware 1.0 & OpenOffice1.1.3

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:17:45 MST 2004

Has anyone noticed any strange video behavior in OpenOffice1.1.3 on any distro?

I've put up a Slackware 10.0 system to mirror the equipment we'll be
using on the recyleIT program. OO is not on the distro, of course, so
I downloaded the linux OOo_1.1.3_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz package,
installed in as root with the -net option, and then installed it for
my non-root user.

Sometimes when editing a .sxw file, I get a corrupted screen image if
I delete text and replace it with new text. The characters I'm typing
are mapped partially or disappear. Scrolling forward/backward a page
seems to correct the corruption. I'm not even sure whether this is an
OO, fonts, gtk+, xorg bug.

The relevant software levels for things that might be involved are:

gcc-3.3.4-i486-1
glibc-2.3.2-i486-7
gkt+-1.2.10-i386-3
gtk+-2.4.10-i486-1
gtk-engines-2.2.0-i486-5
x11 - 6.7.0-i486-4  (this is the slack name for xorg)

I didn't find anything doing a search on OO bugs.

--
 Collins