[clue-tech] any solaris types ? quick question..(sort of OT)

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 12:36:26 MST 2004

If you're installing Solaris 8 or 9, just insert disk 2 of 3 (the
browser install on disk 1 sucks, in my opinion), and type boot cdrom,
choose to do a fresh install, it'll blow everything away and you can
start new.  I recommend using the latest Solaris 9 disks you can get
your hands on, you can install Gnome and CDE.  After that, go out to
sunsolve.sun.com, and download the latest patch cluster, download it to
your machine and boot to single user mode (boot -s from the OK prompt,
or reboot -- -s from the OS).  Just in case you didn't know, use stop-A
to drop to the OK prompt.  You're welcome to email me directly if you
have further questions, I work for Sun support.

Brandon

> skipworthy wrote:
>
> > Hey- sorry if this is not the right place...
> >
> > I have an Ultra-V with Sol8, and I want to obliterate what's there
> > build a *brand spankin' new *. I'm pretty new to Solaris, and I can
>
> > find anything familiar for a task like this  ( fdisk -?  displays a
>
> > bunch of stuff that is barly comprehensible to me, and all the
> other
> > info on fdisk I can find relates to new disks)
> >
> > TIA

=====
People having no choice is a metaphor for the ease with which they can be directed.
-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War