[clue-tech] php

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Dec 20 12:59:26 MST 2004

Sigh.  I've been hit by a worm that takes advantage of the fact that
Whitebox Linux does not have an updated php package available.

NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 9

Every php file on my webserver has now been replaced by:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>This site is defaced!!!</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY bgcolor="#000000" text="#FF0000">
<H1>This site is defaced!!!</H1>
<HR>
<ADDRESS><b>NeverEverNoSanity WebWorm generation 9.</b></ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

I can't find any info on this worm, so I shut down apache on my server
until I can find an updated php rpm.  I ran the latest chkrootkit, but
it didn't find anything - but then again, this worm appears to be very
new since Google doesn't contain any search results for it yet.
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com