[clue-tech] gimp fonts for [printed] graphics

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Dec 23 20:51:39 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 12:47, Jeff Cann wrote:
> FWIW - EPS output I received from a photoshop guy was not readable by Open
> Office or gimp 1.2.  Gimp 2 does open it correctly.

Speaking from experience, if you want to pass around raster images
between Linux and non-Linux users for any purpose, chances are good that
the best format to use is TIFF with no compression.  Just about everyone
can read these images.  Since it isn't compressed you won't have any
modified data either, though dealing with conversion to CMYK at your
printer is another story.
--
Michael J. Hammel
The Graphics Muse             I'd explain it to you, but your brain would