[clue-tech] Google bookmarks

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Dec 28 10:10:58 MST 2004

Collins Richey wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:42:05 -0700, David Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
>
>>I like Google's interface to my bookmarks better than Mozilla's.  But I
>>guess that's a different thread.
>

> OK, I'll bite. What is Google's interface to bookmarks? I'm not at all
> familiar with that.

Heh.  Instead of trying to organize thousands of bookmarks (i.e., sites
I thought were useful) in a way that I can find them again, I look them
up on Google.

For sites I use frequently (weekly) I usually just use the history list.
   There aren't that many.  For others I find it easier to remember a
name, a topic, or a phrase from the site and do a Google search.  Having
other related sites show up too is sometimes a bonus (especially when
the original has moved).

If I'm researching a particular topic over a few days I might bookmark
useful sites to refer back to.  If I run across something I really want
to read but don't have time right now I might bookmark it, but email is
usually better to remind me.

But after a few weeks, whatever was on a particular page gets stale.
Either I've understood it enough not to need it anymore, or something
else has changed to make it obsolete.  No need to clutter my bookmarks.

I suppose I'm not especially typical in my use of the WWW but that's
what works for me.