[clue-tech] gimp CMYK follow-up

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Dec 31 00:38:06 MST 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:07:23 -0700
Jeff Cann wrote:

> I wrote in a previous thread that I had been in contact with the
> maintainer of the 'separate' plugin for gimp.

Man, this is one of those things that (well, in my reading anyway) doesn't
get enough mention. This is one of those things that makes FOSS so cool. I
suppose it happens with proprietary software too, but I suspect not as
often. Actually, I know it happens sometimes with proprietary stuff,
because waaaaaay back I did get some great interaction with some folks at
DEC who were actually writing and mainting code for RSX and DECNet.

But I've had correspondence with various FOSS package maintainers,
including kernel modules, and a friend of mine worked with RMS on an Emacs
bug.

And it really makes you feel great about FOSS when your name shows up in
the package history file, getting credit for a bugfix, or a suggestion
that got implemented.

Yet another reason why Linux rox!

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E