[clue-tech] gimp CMYK follow-up

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 20:20:59 MST 2004

On 31 Dec 2004 20:20:11 -0600, Michael J. Hammel
<mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> wrote:
> CinePaint is a 16 bit
> version of GIMP 1.0 designed specifically for this purpose.  There are
> no plans currently to merge CinePaint and GIMP and both projects are
> happily extending their features on their own.

<rant>
That's a complete crock! Sounds like the biggest waste since the GNU
zealots decided we needed a second major widget factory and desktop
environment! Not that I have a problem with gnome and gtk+ per se, but
think where we might be now if the GNU types had just held their noses
and climbed on the QT/KDE bandwagon. Why is it that FOSS developers
have such big egos?
</rant>

--
 Collins