[CLUE-Tech] my beloved pine and pico

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Feb 7 19:57:47 MST 2004

* Jed S. Baer (thag at frii.com) wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:50:20 -0700
> dhawkins at cdrgts.com (Dale K. Hawkins) wrote:
>
> > 2.  most emacs installations are sufficiently modern to present the
> >     new user with a WIMP interface for editing files.
>
> WIMP?
>
> BTW, I forgot to mention that I'd read someplace that part of the reason
> for Emacs' command interface being what it is, is that it was originally
> developed with an eye to the "space cadet" keyboard.
> http://world.std.com/~jdostale/kbd/SpaceCadet.html And what a keyboard it
> is!

Wow! Now that is a keyboard. I supposed if one actually became very
accustomed to it (and software support existed for it), it might make
mathematical typesetting easier, as it has a whole bunch of the symbols
one would use.  I love the idea of having greek letters built right in --
that would be great if I could get used to it.

But that is a truly dizzying array of keys and key combinations.  To be
good with that, one would need to practice like a violin player!

That is some cool stuff, Thanks Jed.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==