[CLUE-Tech] Mozilla Firefox 0.8 available

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Feb 12 20:06:50 MST 2004

On 02-09 13:52, Gary Threlkeld wrote:
> Apparently, the Mozilla folks listened to the brewhaha that
> Firebird database users made when Mozilla named their web
> browser Firebird as well.
>
> Now the Mozilla browser-only version has been renamed to
> FireFox and version 0.8 is available as of today.  Don't
> know the differences between 0.7 and 0.8 but I've been using
> the 0.7 under both Windoze and Linux and I like what I see.
> Looking forward to using the new FIREFOX when I can get to
> Mozilla to download.  Don't think its been propagated to the
> mirror as yet.

I D/L'ed and installed this today at work - on Windoze. I was quite pleased
that it just imported my old bookmarks (from 0.7) and such and I was off to
the races w/o having to configure squat - and hey, there wasn't even a
reboot required. ;)

Most noticeable new feature - downloading.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Difficult as it is really to listen to someone in affliction, it is just as
difficult for him to know that compassion is listening to him.
-Simone Weil, "Waiting for God"