[CLUE-Tech] Linear RAID vs. LVM

Ski Dawg skidawg at dscweb.net
Sun Feb 15 18:08:07 MST 2004

I am a little confused about this. I want to do a new install. I have 2
smaller hard drives in the system, but I want to treat them 1 large hard
drive. The reading that I have done so far would suggest that I can do
this with either a Linear RAID or with LVM.

Am I understanding each of these correctly? Which would provide me with
the better solution? Why? Any suggestions for things to pay attention to
when doing the partitioning/setup?

Oh, btw, I am doing a new install with RedHat 9 for a personal use
system. There won't be much in the way of servers on this system.

--
Doug