[CLUE-Tech] MS Office on Linux -- would you?

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Feb 29 07:22:50 MST 2004

Unfortunately, not everyone has the choice to "not pay for Office" -- I
recall it came bundled with computers until it became so popular that
you had to shell out the money for it.  I hope IBM doesn't go this
route:  deciding for the consumer that they'd like to have MS Office on
their linux systems, and provide it.  This has always been MS's game in
the past.  Any mom and pop computer retailer only has to pay what? $30?
$60? for MS Office?

Oh and I know the Linux community has praised IBM, but let's not let
them play us too far either.  EVERY major brand of i386 family vendor
still says they "recommend Microsoft Windows XP" on their websites for
desktops.  Not that there's anything wrong with that per say, but we
must realize that IBM's moves are good for IBM--and they certainly do
not love open source just because it's open.

Angelo