[CLUE-Tech] Wireless and Linux

Francis X. Maier franx at qwest.net
Tue Feb 17 14:01:09 MST 2004

I gave up last year on Linux after 80+ failed hours (no joke) trying to
install it on a beige G3.  But recently I tried Yellow Dog Linux on an
old iMac I had lying around, and it installed like a breeze.  I have no
experience compiling though, so here's my problem.

The iMac's ethernet port is burned out.  So I'd like to use a D-Link
DWL-122 USB wireless adapter (Prism 3 chipset) to connect to my wireless
home AirPort Extreme network.  The DWL-122 uses the linux-wlan.ng
driver, but I have no idea how to install it and get it to work with
Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.  If anyone has experience explaining the necessary
steps to a noob, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.