[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL and modems

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Tue Feb 17 19:15:20 MST 2004

Mike:

QWest puslished a list of COs and remote sites that are being upgraded
for DSL.  There is a *big* upgrade going on around Hilltop and Singing
Hills I've been watching - they should be covering *quite* a few more
places by the end of March.

QWest has moved from upgrading COs to upgrading remote points (certain
places along the line, fibre huts, some cable vaults).  They are
estimating that about 90% of people served out of these remote DMT
points, will have some DSL capability.  (General note: the areas served
from remote points *can not* get the 256K only service - the low ball -
or the services greater then the 1.5Mbps burstable service - so, you may
only have three choices instead of the regular 7 or so.)  So, it looks
good for you.  If you would like to send me your address off list, I can
check it against the upgrade plan and try to give you an idea of you'll
have DSL any time soon.

Same offer goes for anyone else on the list.

-d