[CLUE-Tech] MS Office on Linux -- would you?

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Wed Feb 18 14:14:04 MST 2004

Matt Gushee wrote:

>The other poster has suggested where to find WP, so I'm just here to
>play humbug. Not to suggest that you shouldn't go ahead and try, but
>after having used WordPerfect since the mid-80s, I was very disappointed
>in the Linux version (as of about 4 years ago).

As the other poster <g>, I have to agree.

My biggest complaint was the font display was just terrible under Linux,
basically nullifying the WYSIWYG display. I never had any problems with
mouse sensitivity or button size, but the printer setup was also not up
to the standards I expected.

It was simply not anywhere near as polished as the Windows version, and
utimately I gave it up for that reason and went to Open Office.

BOF