[CLUE-Tech] Roaming profiles using USB flash drive on MS and Lin

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Feb 19 10:18:22 MST 2004

Greg Knaddison <greg at knaddison.com> writes:

> Anyone have any experience sharing a USB flash drive between MSWindows and Linux
> desktops?  Any brand or model that people recommend?  Any "gotchas" in terms of
> how to mount it or setting up the directory structure so that this will work?

I can attest to the use of the flash drive.  I bought a Fuji 256
megabyte flash drive at best buy.  It works great.  It can formatted
with a FAT filesystem and I have not bothered changing that.  I have
used it to transfer files between Linux and other less desirable OS on
several occasions.

As to the profile stuff -- I could see using CVS or rsync?  I am not
sure about the directory structures off hand.

-Dale