[CLUE-Tech] 20 Troubleshooting Tips for Mac, what about Linux?

Jay Seven Ess j7s12b at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 15:32:54 MST 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 22:03, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> While yes, Zonker, I can search Google for info, but I was wondering if
> there is a simple yet logical flow of troubleshooting computer systems?
> While the link I posted was way over simplistic, I DO know that if you
> don't understand the concept level, you won't get the details, that's
> why they posted it as such.

Maybe a more appropriate top 20 for Linux users would be
the top 20 most usefull troubleshooting tools to know well.
some of the tools I use most often for simple troubleshooting
would be
  $ df
  $ top
  $ ps
  $ lsof
  $ grep   # for examining logs
  $ lsmod   # and friends
  $ lspci -vv

I know this sort of list has been covered many times but it
still makes a good topic for discussion.