[CLUE-Tech] Qwest DSL Pricing Change

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Feb 29 02:45:20 MST 2004

* Nate Duehr (nate at natetech.com) wrote:

> Qwest still requires you to have a regular analog phone line as a
> *requirement* to have DSL service.  I find this stupid and annoying, but live
> with it.  It's certainly not a technical requirement.  But you have to factor
> it into the overall cost.

This is now over. You can either get it now, or order it very shortly;
a Qwest DSL line without any requirement of a Qwest phone number on it.
Rejoice.

http://www.qwest.com/about/media/pressroom/1,1720,1454_current,00.html

> The only major difference I've seen between the two other than the above is:

I guess it boils down to the ISP part as you mentioned, but the
deciding factor for me between cable and DSL is the restrictions that
the cable companies place on what you can do with a residential Internet
account (no servers, etc.)  I can't live with that.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==