[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Upcoming Oracle presentations question

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Feb 29 22:13:22 MST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:28:53 -0700
Collins Richey <erichey2 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:01:06 -0700
> Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
>
> > I still want to know why they don't officially support Debian Linux.
> > (At least the "stable" branch.)
>
> I didn't think Debian would have anything to do with any software that
> isn't 100% true blue Richard Stallman favored gpl licensed open
> software? At least they've made those noises in the past.

It isn't an issue of the Debian folks endorsing Oracle, it's the other way
'round. Last I heard, Oracle listed RedHat and SuSe as officially
supported platforms. If Oracle were do decide to develop/publish
instructions on how to install/run Oracle on a Debian distribution, and
provide support for that, they can surely do so without Stallman's
blessing.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/