[CLUE-Tech] starting openoffice from the command line

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Wed Jan 7 08:26:33 MST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:46:23AM -0700, Jason S. Friedman wrote:
> How does one launch an openoffice application, such as the
> spreadsheet from the command line?
>
> I tried the instructions listed in
> http://www.math.hmc.edu/computing/support/applications/openoffice/
> and pages similar to it, but that causes an installation
> program to start.  I know it's already installed, I can
> launch it from the Fedora Core toolbar.

Open Office is in my path, so I just type
  $ soffice file.sxd
(sxd is an OO drawing file).

I've noticed that this fails if file.sxd does not exist, but it
certainly does not launch the installer.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot.