[CLUE-Tech] Re: Spam Assassin caught this ...

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Mon Jan 12 11:58:23 MST 2004

At 09:33 AM 1/12/2004 -0700, Jeffrey Brown wrote:

>My apologies about this last post. I was replying to a colleague at work
>who noticed SpamAssassin caught an email from Clue-Tech.  My reply to
>him was posted to the list. Whoops.

>Yeah it's interesting that it caught this one thread out of about five
>total, the other posts came through just fine. It appears the
>FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD 0.90 kicked up some points.

SpamAssassin has problems with false positives related to inaccurately
identifying mailers as being forged.  For instance, it still doesn't
recognize the Outlook client that comes with MS Office 2003 as
valid.  Anyone using Spam Assassin is better off reducing the weight given
to forged mailers in the algorithm.

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**