[CLUE-Tech] Linux 802.11b

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Tue Jan 13 00:32:53 MST 2004

* Dale K. Hawkins (dhawkins at cdrgts.com) wrote:
> "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net> writes:
>
> > * Dale K. Hawkins (dhawkins at cdrgts.com) wrote:
> >> For the desktop, I took a much, much easier route.  I bought a
> >> wireless ethernet bridge.  Very slick and easy to use.  Sure you have
> >> to have a regular ethercard, but those are easy!
> >
> > I have regular ethernet cards up the wazoo.  Hubs and switches, too.  I
> > have never ran across a wireless ethernet brigde.  What brand do you
> > use, where did you get it?
>
> God, that's gotta hurt!  :-)
>
> It is a LinkSys (speak of the devil), ethernet bridge model number
> WET11.  I picked it up at Best Buy for about $70 or $80.  I have never
> even messed with the configuration of the think.  I also have the
> Router/Access point and the aforementioned WPC11v4.  Apparently, you
> could hook the thing into a hub as well as to a computer, but I have
> not tried that, yet.
>
> My brother picked up the g version of the access point/laptop card and
> was having some issues with it, but I have not had any problems other
> than the driver problems (which motivated the bridge).

Thanks! Did a little research, these two cards are going back to BestBuy
tomorrow -- I may or may not buy a LinkSys bridge. Others seem to make
them. I am kind of annoyed with LinkSys. But I also like their stuff,
and it is easy to find. Choices.

No fooling around with kernel drivers -- I know my 3c59x driver works
just fine.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==