[CLUE-Tech] Introduction New Subscriber

Joe Daily jdaily at mines.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:21:06 MST 2004

Hey guys I would be glad to help start a hack society in littleton and/or
golden, just let me know what I can do. Please keep in mind that I am a college
student so my time commitment will vary due to classes.

joe
<jdaily at mines.edu>

Quoting info at booga-wooga.com:

 I will participate. I can suggest a free meeting room at Columbine Library?

 I'm in the Grant Ranch area - anyone else? I would like to install Linux. I
 tried, but got stuck of course because my ethernet card wasn't found, and then

 I couldn't get to the right kernals. I tried with Gentoo.

 Anyway, I would love to participate and or the record my "pet" project is to

 just get going using Linux on one machine :-)

 Cricket Harris

 Quoting "Dale K. Hawkins" <dhawkins at cdrgts.com>:

 > Well, let me take this opportunity to propose a meeting place in
 > Littleton.  If anyone lives down in Littleton or south west Denver, I
 > would enjoy starting one of these.  I am supposed to begin working
 > with a group of high school kids on there robot project after school
 > for the next few weeks.  After that though a once per month hacking
 > session would be pretty cool.
 >
 > I have to admit that I was not as interested in the CLUE meeting
 > because it was a lecture format which is good for learning stuff, but
 > I was honestly hoping for something more interactive.  Live just
 > gather a gaggle of geeks together with a WiFi LAN (or WAN) and see
 > what happens.  Surely everyone has some pet project that they are
 > working on in their spare time.  Nothing is quite as motivating
 > towards releasing a piece of free software than to have someone else
 > tell you how cool that software is!
 >
 > Any takers?
 >
 > -Dale
 >
 > Ed Hill <ed at eh3.com> writes:
 >
 > > Hi Dale,
 > >
 > > I used to organize the Golden HS meetings but we moved to Boston in
 > > mid-June.  I miss the Boulder and Golden HS meetings a lot -- and have
 > > yet to find a similar group (or time for one!) here.
 >

 > > If you (or someone else) would like to organize Golden HS meetings, that
 > > would be very cool.  Please email Sean <jafo at tummy.com> and/or me to get
 >
 > I know Sean.  "Hi" if you're lurking out there somewhere.
 >
 > > Ed
 >
 > > ps - If you stop by Higher Grounds for any reason please say "Hi!"
 > >      to Donna and Marcie for me!
 >
 > I used to know the people there, too.  We had started to go to that
 > coffee shop in the Armory because they had sandwiches.  I have not
 > been there in years.

 quality affordable web design  ::  Advanced Web Site Hosting
 Booga-Wooga Web Productions
 ph 720-404-8957

 Unsubscribe or manage your options: