[CLUE-Tech] procmail

Charles Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Wed Jan 14 22:37:28 MST 2004

At 08:40 PM 1/14/2004 -0700, Mike Staver wrote:

>I'm still wrestling with my inbox and mailing lists such as this one. I
>belong to several, and I'm beginning to get confused with all the mail in
>my one inbox :)  Somebody sent me this code to try before:
>
>:0:
>* ^Subject:.*\<subject to match\>
>some_mail_folder
>
>So, I changed it to:
>
>:0:
>* ^Subject:.*\<[CLUE-Tech]\>
>mail/clue
>
>And that didn't work... I got a lot of spam in that clue folder for some
>odd reason, and only like 30% of the mail list messages went in there...
>
>So, I decided to try to make my own which also does not work:
>
>:0:
>* ^To: \<clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us\>
>mail/clue
>
>I would like to filter based on the To field because some of the mailling
>lists I belong to don't alter the subject, just sent the mail out to the
>"list" email address, so if I know that, I figured I could filter based on
>that, but obviously I don't know enough about procmail to make this work.

:0:
* ^Subject:.*CLUE-Tech
/mail/clue

should be sufficient

Note that you need the leading / on the directory line

I have some procmail references at http://oriez.org/junkmail.html

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
Lamport's Law:
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer
you didn't even know existed can render your own computer unusable.