[CLUE-Tech] Red Hat Ending Support

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Jan 15 17:25:31 MST 2004

With Red Hat Ending Support for some of their previous versions, and
soon to be 9:

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/archives/

I would like to find a new distro for my work servers ASAP.  I'm looking
at Suse:

http://store.suse.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?V1=619415&PN=1&SP=10023&xid=40017&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0

In order for my to justify to my boss that $449 is worth it for a web
server OS, I need to try running this OS, or atleast the desktop version
so I can see if I am capable of configuring Suse to fit our company's
needs, and most importantly, install ColdFusion MX 6.1 on it.  I know
Macromedia claims it works, but I'll need to verify this for myself
before I committ to it:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/productinfo/systemreqs/

Does anyone have an iso of the desktop version of 8 or 9 they could
throw up?  I have a boxed set of 7.1 here at work we bought a few years
ago, and I like the desktop functionality it had with KDE and all, I
just don't know how much 8 or 9 has changed since then.  I also don't
know if there will be a server version of 9 coming out that I should
wait for...
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com