[CLUE-Tech] Hacking society meeting

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Jan 21 06:34:49 MST 2004

I have been sending out announces since Sunday.  Sorry if not everyone
who was interested received the postings in time.

As far as the meeting went, it was just Joe and myself.

The highlights of the meeting:

1.  It was neat to fire up the laptop and connect to a different
    wireless network.  Very easy at Higher Grounds.

2.  We went to CSM's new building which has nice wireless and laptop
    support.

3.  Good to interact with other Linux/UNIX enthusiasts.

The not so good:

1.  Higher Grounds closes at 20:00.  Much too early.

2.  Low turn out probably some people did not get the final postings
    and the location was not really picked until much too late.  I am
    sure the snow was also a factor.

3.  Nothing really started or accomplished.  Next time we need some
    solid ideas to start with.

Hacks:

1.  Getting wireless connection up and running at Higher Grounds

2.  Played with Helix Player -- not successful

3.  Setup adhoc wireless bridge at the CSM building since the provided
    wlan connection was not working

Upcoming:

Given the early closing time of High Grounds, it probably will not be
feasible to meet there in the future.  The CSM location seemed pretty
good, but we need to get proper permission before meeting there.
Other suggestions?

I think we should have another meeting in a few weeks.  Isn't there a
CLUE meeting coming up?

-Dale K. Hawkins