[CLUE-Tech] Small network security distro recommendations?

skipworthy at realivetech.com skipworthy at realivetech.com
Wed Jan 28 13:14:12 MST 2004

Dave said-.

> Debian.

Okay- Maybe I need to revise and clarify.

I'm staying away from the big distros (Red Hat, etc)  becuase they're more
than I need and want, bloated and harder to secure. Debian in particular ,
stable and loyalty inspiring as it is, is too far behind the curve as well.

What I'm looking for is something along the lines of Coyote or LRP with more
(for lack of a better term) firepower. I don't have the time or patience to
roll my own ( so Gentoo and so on are out) I could (and might) end up with
slackware or some permutation of BSD, but I'd rather 1)have something
specifically designed for this kind of application and 2)support/participate
in a project.

thanks