[CLUE-Tech] Impressive, Green One

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Wed Jul 7 10:43:53 MDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 10:44:38PM -0500, j7s12b wrote:
> On-board sound is still a pain in the rear. I have to re-adjust
> the levels in the alsa mixer after a logout or reboot to hear
> sound. I hate on board sound.
I can't explain the logout/login happenings, but you should know that
the ALSA drivers zero out the mixer when they are loaded.  Many systems
have a mixer init.d script that saves and resets the values when the
machine is shutdown or started up.

Do you have such a init.d script?  In the context of a gui login (where,
presumably the person owns the console), there may be a similar type of
startup mechanism.

I dunno if this help at all.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy
me."

-- Noel Coward