[CLUE-Tech] OT: SCSI question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Jul 15 13:41:13 MDT 2004

I have a rather off topic question about SCSI I'm hoping someone can
help me with.  I ordered a new motherboard with onboard SCSI, I believe
the type of SCSI connector onboard is called LVD - it's the narrower
interface.  I then ordered 3 Seagate 10k RPM Ultra 320 SCSI drives....
but I mistakenly ordered the wrong type of drive, because the SCSI
interfaces on the drives are very wide and the drives have no power
connectors.  Does anyone know if it's ok (or possible) to find a
converter cable for these, especially since they appear to draw power
off the SCSI bus?
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com