[CLUE-Tech] OT: SCSI question

Dan Harris dan at drivefaster.net
Fri Jul 16 09:41:12 MDT 2004

Jeff Falgout wrote:

>Does anyone know if it's ok (or possible) to find a
>converter cable for these, especially since they appear to draw power
>off the SCSI bus?

They don't draw power from the SCSI bus.  That wide connector is for
hot-swap backplanes.  There are little boards that connect to that
hot-swap connector and provide standard 68-pin female and standard power
connectors.  I don't have a link for where to purchase them right now,
but I've used them in this configuration and they work fine.

-Dan