[CLUE-Tech] permissions on external fat32 usb device?

dave price dp_kinaole at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 16:18:34 MDT 2004

Greetings CLUEbies,

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to mount an
external usb drive so that normal users can have full
read, or perhaps read/write access.

The device in question mounts fine under MacOS 10.3,
WinXP, or linux (2.4.20.)  But under linux, I have to
use sudo to munt it, and then must be root to even see
the files on it.

If I could get it mounted writable by a group, and
world readable, that would be ideal, then other folks
could at least listen to the music.

aloha,
dave