[CLUE-Tech] permissions on external fat32 usb device?

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Wed Jul 21 08:18:34 MDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 07:55:04PM -0600, David Anselmi wrote:
> Um, man mount?
>
> Look at -o and user/users.  You may need to look a little deeper
> depending on what exactly you want.  But it's all in there.  (Assuming
> you get the USB drivers right, which it seems you have.)

Once you have the perms setup correctly in your fstab, you may want to
consider mounting it via autofs.  Your users won't have to learn how to
use mount (or a terminal) then.

I believe there is also a mechanism to hook a script (for mounting,
unmounting) into the hotplug system, but I've never done that before.

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

Experience is a harsh teacher.  She gives the test before you learn the
lesson.