[CLUE-Tech] Regex Problem Using mod_rewrite

Keith Hellman khellman at mcprogramming.com
Fri Jul 23 16:45:26 MDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:03:08PM -0600, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> ReWriteRule ^/(foo|bar|pickle|thing|paddle|mumble)\.htm$ /$1.php
> [R=permanent,L]
>
> This works for foo,bar, thing, and mumble, but not for pickle or paddle.
> In fact, it appears it does not work for any string beginning with the
> letter 'p'. I haven't tested it with an exhaustive array of words
> beginning with p, that's just what's suggested by the results I'm getting.
I know nothing about setting up Apache and PHP, but I'm curious if
  ReWriteRule ^/(foo|bar|.ickle|thing|.addle|mumble)\.htm$ /$1.php
works...

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khellman at mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're okay now.