[CLUE-Tech] Auto blocking hosts w/ iptables

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Thu Jul 29 12:38:03 MDT 2004

Your first line of defense is making sure that apache us up to date.

For a program that watches ports and blocks people accordingly, use
portsentry by psionic - might even be in the portage tree.

If you want to take IDS logs and block people with that data, you might
want to see what snort can do for you.

Since most script kiddies will port scan as well as try to 'sploit' you
via the web, portsentry is a really good way of blocking them first thing.

Aam