[CLUE-Tech] Hack information

Eric Jorgensen jorgy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 16:10:56 MDT 2004

Hi,

I would like to add to the discussion my favorite way
to deal with the "crack one service, crack my whole
box" problem:  vservers

http://www.linux-vserver.org/

With this patched kernel, you can instantiate multiple
virtual linux machines inside your single physical
linux box.  This makes it nice to set up a firewall,
with ftp in a vserver, smtp and pop in a vserver,
httpd in a vserver, all isolated from the others.  It
is a "chroot jail on steroids".  The one problem that
I've found is that the releases always seem to lag
behind kernel releases substantially.

I don't know if it would have helped in this case, but
I been using it for a while now and I'm very happy
with it.

Eric