[CLUE-Tech] Mounting FAT32 partition as /home

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Tue Jun 1 12:11:11 MDT 2004

Angelo,
I had a similar experience on my RedHat machine. It is dual boot so I
wanted to share a home directory, but couldn't get Linux to play with a
vfat /home. It has been awhile so I don't remember the exact cause and I
may never have found the cause. I will tell you that one other thing
that you could try would be to mount the partition with your uid instead
of root's. Use the uid= option in your fstab.
Can you login from a text terminal and start X from there as a user?
Look at the X logs and the [G,K,X]DM logs anything in there?

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS
Email: mrobbert at mines.edu