[CLUE-Tech] IMAP vs POP

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 10:47:33 MDT 2004

xinetd is more like a service connection forwarder, as opposed to something like courier-imap --
the program that xinetd would forward the connection to if it came in on an IMAP port.  I have no
idea which/whether an IMAP daemon comes packaged with NetBSD, so hunting down appropriate
documentation is difficult.  But, that's where you can start.  Do a Google search for IMAP daemons
and read their installation and/or configuration documentation.  That will tell you exactly what
you want to know (and probably more than you need).

Happy hunting!

--- Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:
> > You didn't mention which IMAP daemon you're trying, so it's difficult to help.  You also
> didn't
> > mention whehter you're running your own mail server, or you're attempting to use IMAP against
> > someone else's (like your ISP's).
>
> It's not my server, and they probably just use whatever IMAP comes with
> NetBSD (xinetd?)
>
> > Otherwise:  Consult your mail provider for assistance with problems you encounter.  It's their
> > system, and only they can resolve problems with it.
> >

> Like you said, it might be Mozilla.  But Mozilla is my client of choice.
> So, are there any sites which describe how IMAP handles your mail on the
> server (folder, etc.)?
>
> Angelo

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)