[CLUE-Tech] Linux on a Compaq Armada 1590DMT

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Jun 6 21:44:55 MDT 2004

Hi Folks.

My other hardware haul today was a Compaq laptop. It's a P166, 16MB RAM,
21GB HD. So far, I've tried to bring Knoppix up. I've booted from the
Knoppix floppy, and it can't find the CD drive. And I was soooo hopefull
when I tux appeared in the framebuffer.

I'm going to boot a RH floppy, and see how far I can get with RH8.0, since
that's what else I have sitting around here.

But, I have a question, the answer to which is not at the tuxmobile
website (i.e. linuxlaptops.org). Does anyone know how to get the BIOS
screen up on one of these?

jed

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/