[CLUE-Tech] Problems with Sarge

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Sun Jun 6 22:56:08 MDT 2004

Well I decided to wipe out Fedora 1 and install Debian Sarge.  I'm
having the same trouble I had before:  the GUI is locking things up.  Or
at least, I suspect it's just locking the screen up, but my commands are
still going through.  As long as I don't log into gdm or xdm,
everything is fine.  But as soon as I log in the first time, if I try to
switch back to a console, it doesn't work, the screen doesn't change and
I have to reboot.  However, I can reboot by pressing ctrl-alt-f1 and
then ctrl-alt-del and waiting, so I think it does reboot properly.

Angelo