[CLUE-Tech] Linux on Sparc: Need Media

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Jun 7 17:05:29 MDT 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:41:25 -0600
"Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> My plan is to
> bring one to the CLUE meeting on Tuesday, to give away as a door prize.

I have turned on both of these things. Here's the result.

Incorrect configuration checksum
<snip>
The IDPROM contents are invalid

Boot device: /sbus/le at 0,c00000 File and args:
Internal loopback test -- Did not receive expected loopback packet.
Can't open boot device

<snip>
(testing 64MB Ram)

ok set auto-boot?=false
stack underflow
ok reset-all
reset-all? (no opportunity to answer here, returned to prompt)
ok probe-scsi-all
/sbus at 1,f8000000/esp at 0,800000
 Target 3
  Unit  0 Disk MAXTOR LXT-2BS SUN02074.17

Machine 2 has a different disk: HP C2247-300 0BH4, and has a very noisy
fan. Otherwise the machines are the same, as far as I can tell -- same
boot messages.

The external CD drive seems non-functional. There are two LEDs, green and
red. The green LED flashes at about 4hz whenever the shoebox is powered up
-- the LEDs are part of the shoebox, not the drive itself. Probably
something disconnected inside the shoebox, but power and the drive cable
are both plugged in.

So, this brings up two questions. Is it worth my time to continue messing
with one of these? And, is it worthwhile to bring on to the CLUE meeting
to give away (monitor included)? Would anyone want one?

Or, I can give up on the boxes, and bring both monitors to give away.
They're the "composite synch" variety -- you know, the ones with those 3
oversize round connectors inside the D-connector.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/