[CLUE-Tech] Problems with Sarge

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Jun 8 17:21:24 MDT 2004

Angelo Bertolli wrote:

> Thanks.  Actually I've been looking at some of these sorts of things.
> The only problem is they require you to have a high speed internet
> connection since it seems you typically "Install Knoppix" and then
> "Upgrade it to Debian unstable" or "Use it to install Debian" from an
> internet connection.  I'm not getting rid of dialup for another couple
> of months.

Ah yes, that is *painful*.  I forget that there are folks out there
using modems... I have had a broadband connection (almost a necessity
for work-related stuff) for many years at home, and/or back a long time
ago I'd drag the PC into work and use their bandwidth after-hours...

I don't know if any of these would work (well) over a modem/dial-up
connection.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com