[CLUE-Tech] distro question

Dale K. Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Jun 10 13:44:00 MDT 2004

OK.  I have played with many different distros over the years and have
recently been contemplating giving gentoo a whirl.  I am not an idiot
and I do so love to tinker.  It seems there is some experience on the
list with gentoo.  So, I just wanted to ask people's opinions about
gentoo.

I have been using debian quite happily for several years now.  The
gentoo is a curiousity thing based on the fact that

A) I recently had to upgrade some non-debian software and was hoping
gentoo might have a better way to handle this situation, and

B) I saw the gentoo references today and thought what the hell, have I
really suffered enough lately?

-Dale