[CLUE-Tech] distro question

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:30:42 MDT 2004

I'm top posting because I just don't get it. (though I did snip the
reply text down to what I felt was relevant).

I use yum to keep my Fedora systems up to date and install new
packages.  Sure I had to add in some new repositories to point yum in
the right directions, but it wasn't that tough.  Certainly no tougher
than having to stop use my machine while things compile.....Yum takes
care of dependancies.  It runs and then it finishes and things are
installed correctly.  No running, building, installing waste prior to
things working.

And like so much gas on the coals of a distrodebate...
Greg