[CLUE-Tech] limit the frequency of connections

Art Reisman astormchaser2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 07:28:26 MDT 2004

Ok perhaps this is not right on target, but the open
free version of the Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator has a
"connection limit" feature that can be applied to
anybody on your network. This limits the number of
connections they can have at any one time. Now on the
subject of Mail server connections why does a customer
try to connect so often and what impact does it have?
I am trying to figure out how prevelent this problem
is and if putting a "frequency count" in the LBA would
have any value..

FYI: When I mention connection I mean IP to IP.