[CLUE-Tech] Fw: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Handbook

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 11:16:57 MDT 2004

CLUE members,

I couldn't resist this cross-posting. And no, I didn't pay this guy for
a gentoo plug.

Antoine,

FYI, I just finished a gentoo presentation for our local LUG, so I'm
sharing your comments with them.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:17:33 +0000
From: antoine <melser.anton at neuf.fr>
To: swift at gentoo.org
Cc: gentoo-user at lists.gentoo.org, www at gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Handbook

Hi,
I just wanted to thank all the people involved in the Gentoo Handbook,
and Gentoo User Docs in general. It is without doubt the best distro
system documentation I have ever encountered. I am still pretty much a
newbie when it comes to Linux Admin, and without the Handbook I would
have been completely lost. With the Handbook I found installing the
system and getting it how I wanted relatively easy. It is clear, concise
and indepth. It is the only documentation I have come across that
explains not only what to do, but also why you are doing it, and the
effects is has. It starts from the bottom and works up so you have a
thorough understanding of what is happening. I think I have learnt more
about Linux in the past 6 weeks of using Gentoo than 1.5 years with
other distros. I now have a level of control over my system that I have
never had before.

Thanks again, and keep up the excellect work!

One very satisfied customer,
Antoine

--
 /\/\