[CLUE-Tech] new user

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 16:11:57 MDT 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:52:20 -0400
"Roy J. Tellason" <rtellason at blazenet.net> wrote:

> > Slackware is a fine distro. I used to use it, but I've been on
> > gentoo for a long time now.
>
> I've heard nice things about gentoo,  but also that it can take you
> some nontrivial time to get going with it.  Maybe I'll get around to
> checking it out one of these days.

Yes, the startup time is definitely non-trivial, but I'm happy with the
results. If you care to read our archives, we had a nice discussion
about gentoo a few weeks ago.

> > list that supports Slackware; it's low traffic but helpful.
>
> I'm not looking for specific info on support that pertains to the
> distro,  mostly.  Or at least I don't think so,  anyhow.   :-)

Most of the traffic on Slackware is just good solid info about the
distro, only the occasional support issue. Kurt Wahl, the webmaster, is
a known author. It's worth a subscribe, and it won't fill your inbox.

--
 /\/\
( CR ) Collins Richey