[CLUE-Tech] OSX/Linux Connecting to Cisco VPN

Brian Hatch bhatch at mac.com
Fri Jun 18 18:20:33 MDT 2004

Hello All,

We are having a problem that I was hoping that the community might be able to provide help with.

We have a mixed environment of Windows (XP/2K, 2kSvr), Linux, and OS X here and we would like everyone to be able to connect through a Cisco VPN.  The Windows clients work just fine but as you would suspect the Un*x's do not seem to work and give an error.

What I suspect is that the url that it is calling (http://somewhere.com/certsrv/mscep/mscep.dll) is getting the request and then the response that it is trying to send back is not understood by these clients.  Curiously, the cert server gets the request and you are able to issue the certificate but that is where the good luck stops.  The client is not able to retry certificate enrollment which is the next step in the process.

Is there anyone that has any experience with Windows certserver, Cisco 3363 addon, and mixed clients?

Thanks,

Brian

BTW...I have also submitted this question to expertsexchange.com if anyone has an account out there and knows a solution.