[CLUE-Tech] problem with usb 6-in-1 card reader

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Sat Jun 19 12:38:03 MDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Jorgensen <jorgy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now the only thing I can figure out, is that the lexar
> memory stick has two banks of 128M, selectable by a
> tiny switch on the side of the stick, and this is
> affecting how linux sees the size.
>
> I've googled on this, but haven't really found
> anything apropriate to this problem.  Does anyone have
> any suggestions on where to keep looking?

Eric,

Take a look at these two sites for more info:

	http://linux-sxs.org/hardware/flashreaders.html
	http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~ggbaker/personal/cf-linux

I bought a cheapo reader from Microcenter for under $10. You need to
follow these articles for setting up. After following the steps
documented, I got the working with no problems on RH9. Note that neither
Windows 98 nor XP sees this device. I could get it to work with 2000.

On the advice of the second article, I got a Sandisk 6 in 1 reader (more
expensive). This is detected automatically by RH9, FC1 and FC2. Works
great.

Match